Brands Hatch – Round 7

Last weekend, we headed back down south to Brands Hatch for the penultimate meeting of the Time Attack and Drift Pro Championship. Plus, there was the iconic Go Japan! show on, so of course we had our very own trade stand too! Unfortunately, pocket rocket competitor, Michael Hume, couldn’t make this round but we were delighted to see Tegiwa Imports director, Luke Sedzikowski, make his return in the now turbocharged Tsuki Honda NSX. So, let’s jump right in and see how the Tegiwa Racing team got on!

Luke Sedzikowski – Tsuki Honda NSX

After a very hard work of testing and plenty of development still in the works, unfortunately the result just wasn’t to be for Luke and Tsuki. However, with plenty of lessons learned and steps in the right direction, we can’t wait to get Tsuki back out at Snetterton. A best time of 48.88 was the best Luke could do which is still very respectable, but it’s great to know that there’s plenty left in it! We’ll be releasing a full race report on Tsuki very soon, so stay tuned for that.

Mikey Birch – K-Swap Honda Civic

Mike was keen to break his personal best at Brands Hatch of 53.9 heading into this weekend, and being 0.2 seconds away from this in the first session of the day showed just how fast he was going to be! Throughout the day Mike pushed harder and harder, eventually setting a 53.5 with an aim of smashing the 52’s in the final. However, due to traffic in the final Mike found it difficult to put a lap together but still attained a 2nd place finish for all his hard work. Thanks to the Garmin Catalyst that Mike uses, data shows an optimal time well into the 52 seconds.

David Lawrence – Leon Cupra

Dave started the day off at Brands rapidly, setting a new PB in the warm up session. Heading into practice there wasn’t much space to be had with the track pretty full so unfortunately Dave couldn’t push on. After a big crash in qualifying, the session timer showed only 5 minutes so Dave went out feeling a bit nervous after seeing the damage so didn’t push as much as he wanted and dropped down to 3rd place. Into the final a low 51 was on the cards and as Dave pushed on, a hard boost pipe popped off before he could even do a lap. Heading straight back into the pits, Dave’s pit crew got straight to work to get him back out. With 7 mins left on the clock, he knew he didn’t have long to find the space and put in a good lap. However, on the second lap Dave did a 52.2 which was up on all his other sectors but half way round another boost pipe popped off and with only a few minutes left on the clock he decided to just call it a day. Even though Dave suffered these problems, he still managed to secure a third place finish. With only 1 round left, it’s all to play for as it’s so close in the points for 2nd and 3rd in the championship.

Aaron Adams – BMW M4

Ilya Kyrlov – Turbo Renault Clio

Ian ‘Bizz’ Phillips – LS3 Nissan 350Z